The DMCS High School Student Council is excited to invite you to celebrate Homecoming week with us and join in the community building that can take place when we gather together for school-wide events such as this. This web page serves as the source for ALL THINGS HOMECOMING - check here to find information about activities, dress up days, parades, and the pep rally.
We would love for you to help us with pictures throughout the week and use the hashtag #DMCHOCO18 on your social media. DMCS will upload daily pictures of dress up winners, intramural activities, and other events during the school day so you can share in the daily excitement as well.
Join us in praying for this community event - May the Lord be glorified through our learning and student activities as well as our community fellowship. GO LIONS!
The theme for Homecoming 2018 is “Happily Ever After” and incorporates several Disney theme park ideas.
HOMECOMING SURVIVAL TIPS
Homecoming Week is packed with fun-filled activity and school fellowship. We’ve created these survival tips to ensure students in Grades 9-12 enjoy the week as much as possible. We have been covering some of these items with students during Advisory to coach them through what can be a frustrating season in high school as they learn to navigate difficult conversations about dates, group plans, etc.
Tickets for the dance will be on sale during lunch until Wednesday, September 19. Buy early for discounted rates. The dance will be in the Performance Hall from 8:00-11:00 pm on Saturday, September 22. Doors close at 8:30 pm and students will not be allowed to enter late. If students decide to leave the dance early, chaperones will make them call / text parents to notify them first so you are aware your student is leaving early.
FRESHMAN STUDENT / PARENTS CLEAN UP
The Class of 2022 and their parents have the awesome right of passage with clean up duty after the dance on Saturday. Our goal is clean up in less than 30 minutes so it’s all hands on deck. See you at 11:00 pm on the 22nd!
NO MODIFIED DAILY SCHEDULE FOR HIGH SCHOOL
Unlike previous years, we will not have a modified schedule in high school for Homecoming week. Please see below for the daily schedule and plans for intramurals.
- Monday, Sept 17 - Day 2 (intramurals during advisory)
- Tuesday, Sept 18 - Day 3 (no intramurals)
- Wednesday, Sept 19 - Day 4 (intramurals during chapel)
- Thursday, Sept 20 - Day 5 (no intramurals)
- Friday, Sept 21 - Day 1 (cut off mods 25, 26, 27 for parade and pep rally from 2:15 - 3:00 pm)
One important item to note (which will hopefully reduce frustration) is that parking during school-wide events can be a challenge. Our best advice is to carpool whenever you can with your student or other families, especially for the parade, pep rally, and football game on Friday night. We will have parking attendants at the Friday football game - please, respectfully, follow their directions.
PARADE & PEP RALLY
Join us for the parade and pep rally on Friday, September 21 beginning at 2:15(ish) pm. Visitor and handicap parking in the west lot will be closed from 1:30-2:45 pm to prepare for the parade. parade map
Calling all alumni! Meet at the Performance Hall doors for a tour of our updated facilities 6:00 - 6:45 pm. We'll visit the east-side addition, Wellness Center, updated Middle School and Independent Learning Spaces, and High School. After the tour, join us at Lions Field to cheer on your team as they take on Centerville. You'll enjoy discounted admission ($3/person). If you plan to come to several games this year, consider purchasing an athletic pass for the alumni rate of $60.
TAILGATING @ FOOTBALL GAME
We hope you join us as the Lions take on the Centerville Big Reds at 7:00 pm. Tailgating may take place around the softball field; not the Early Education parking lot. Please ensure good stewardship of the campus by picking up garbage, BBQ coals, etc.
High school students will have the opportunity to engage in a little friendly competition during the week to see who will win the HS SPIRIT TROPHY. The winning grade level will be announced at the end of the day on Friday. Details for each competition is listed below:
- GAME NIGHT - High school students may participate in a series of games on Monday, September 17 beginning around 7:30-8:00 pm (after the JV football game). Wear your class colors and represent your team well.
- BANNERS - Each grade-level will create a banner incorporating the theme for Homecoming to be featured in the parade. The winning banner will be used for the football team to run through at the game on Friday night.
- INTRAMURALS - Students in Grades 9 - 12 will participate in intramural activities (Powder Puff football for the girls, volleyball for the boys, and Knowledge Bowl competition for grade level teams). We will have an intramural championships for volleyball and football on Thursday, September 20 around 7:30-8:00 pm (after varsity volleyball game).
- MS/HS DRESS UP DAYS - All students in middle school and high school may participate in grade-level dress up days to assist the grade in earning points toward the Spirit Award. Winners will be selected each morning and featured on DMCS social media.
- MONDAY - CLASS COLOR DAY
Gr. 9 = Blue
Gr. 10 = Orange
Gr. 11 = Purple
Gr. 12 = Black / Pink
- TUESDAY - HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
Toy Story Land
Beauty and the Beast
- WEDNESDAY - ANIMAL KINGDOM
- THURSDAY - TYPHOON LAGOON & BLIZZARD BEACH
Surf’s Up, Dude!
- FRIDAY - DMCS SPIRIT WEAR DAY
- ELEMENTARY DRESS UP DAYS
- MONDAY - Class Color Day
- TUESDAY - Crazy Hair Day
- WEDNESDAY - Hat Day
- THURSDAY - Beach Day
Chapel Wear with Sunglasses
- FRIDAY - School Spirit Day
Wear Class T-Shirts or Spirit Wear