History of DMCS
In June of 1947, forty-one people from various churches interested in Christian education gathered at the YMCA to prayerfully consider establishing a Christian school in Des Moines. In the fall of 1948, Des Moines Christian School opened its doors to 15 students. Since then, we have prayed for, equipped, and sent more than 1,000 graduates to impact the world for Christ.
Today, more than 1,000 Pre-K through 12th-grade students are receiving an excellent, Christ-centered education. Our teachers and support staff consider it our honor and responsibility to prepare students to make a difference.
Throughout the years, our mission to equip minds and nurture hearts to impact the world for Christ has remained the core of who we are. As we celebrate the present and look towards the future with hope, we give thanks for the bold legacy laid down by faithful generations of the DMCS family.